The Borough owns two major recreations facilities, one at Mon-Vue and one on Romine Avenue. The Romine facility, which is located next to the Municipal Building, consists of a newly paved tennis court, dek hockey court, basketball courts, a tot lot, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard, and a picnic pavilion. The dek hockey court was just added a few years ago. A ball field is located next to the facility in which boys baseball, girls softball, and senior softball is played. The Mon-Vue facility is located at the end of Portsmouth Drive and the new access road of Archie’s Way which was opened to traffic in 2000 to alleviate the traffic on Portsmouth Drive. The Port Vue Athletic Association was formed in 1951, and supervises the activities at this site in conjunction with Borough officials. This facility consists of three ball fields, in which boys baseball and girls softball is played, with a batting cage. Mon-Vue also has a recreation building consisting of a meeting room, equipment storage, broadcast booth, rest rooms, and a fully equipped concession stand. A two-bay maintenance garage is located next to the recreation building, with a smaller storage garage located down by the girls softball field where a picnic pavilion has just been added. Plans for the near future consist of a tot lot and a small instructional field for baseball and softball.
In addition to our recreation facilities, we provide several activities for the Borough youth throughout the year. In the summer, we have “Fun to be a Kid Day” which is held the last Sunday in July. This event is free to all children of the community which entitles each participant to noncompetitive activities, prizes, a t-shirt, and refreshments. We also have movie night prior to fun to be a kid day event “Under the Stars” each summer where they are treated to a movie and free snacks. In the fall, we co-sponsor our annual Halloween Parade with several local organizations of Port Vue,and each child is given a bag of goodies, and prizes are awarded for the best costumes in several different categories.
Now Renting the new Recreation Center!!!!
To rent the Recreation Center:
Call the Borough offices for available times and dates: 412 664-9323
All organizations/teams must complete the required paperwork and return with payment.
- Review the Ordinance for rules and regulations for the Borough’s Parks and Recreation areas
- Complete the application for rental of the Recreation Center,( this document needs to be notarized).
- Payments, one check for the hours you are renting, another check $50.00 security deposit, (2 separate checks, each made payable to the Borough of Port Vue), all requested and approved dates of rental must be paid in full with the submission of your paperwork.
- Complete the hold harmless agreement.
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance. (There’s a draft certificate of liability insurance with the thresholds for the Borough’s requirements).
- Once you have all the forms completed, contact me to set up an appointment to review the paperwork and assign your security into the recreation center.
We are extremely excited about the new Recreation Facility!!
Thanks to all the Elected Officials for all their support.
Port Vue Borough Council, Mayor, Senator Brewster, Representative Kortz, Congressman Doyle, Steel Rivers COG, Allegheny County Economic Development and PA Department of Economic Development and many others who have supported the vision to make it a reality.